CAGLCC Looks to Hire Additional Staff
CAGLCC EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
The role of the Executive Assistant of the Capital Area Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce is that of a support role for the Executive Director and includes all aspects of business development, fundraising, growing, managing and supporting the membership base, and raising the public profile of the organization. The role encompasses working with the Executive Director on new ideas and the design, development and implementation of strategic plans that align with the mission and vision in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. The Executive Assistant is also responsible for helping to maintain the day-to-day operation of the organization which includes recruiting, developing and managing volunteers when appropriate, assisting Chairs manage committees, working on committees and developing procedures in tandem with the Executive Director for the future success of the organization.
The Executive Assistant may chair ad hoc and Core event committees. The Executive Assistant is a leader in the organization and plays a strong role in developing its organizational culture.
The Executive Assistant reports directly and only to the Executive Director yet works collaboratively with the Executive Director to accomplish goals and the vision set forth by the Board of Directors.
This position should be flexible and open to change with the Executive Director and organization’s growth and needs. It is the Executive Director’s responsibility to manage the duties and expectations of the Executive Assistant and to continue evolving the job description as the organization and the role develops.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for maintaining a standard amount of 40 working hours. These hours will be considered flexible and include attendance at most evening events and committee meetings. He or she will remain reasonably obtainable during traditional 9 to 5 working hours by phone and or by email unless temporarily unavailable while conducting chamber business. He or she will make every attempt to return all emails and phone calls within a realistic period.
As an ex-officio member of all committees, the Executive Assistant is expected to participate in relevant committee meetings when possible. The specific committee chair and the Executive Director will determine relevancy.
The Executive Assistant will attend as many CAGLCC programs and events as possible. As a representative of the Chamber and when possible, he or she will attend non-CAGLCC sponsored and other high-profile events.
Ten federally recognized holidays are allowed off on an annual basis. Vacation, sick time and personal days allowed are equivalent to two weeks on an annual basis. Allowing the equal amount of standard office hours as time off, compensates hours worked on federally recognized holidays, weekends, evening committee meetings or events.
The Executive Assistant will remain in constant contact with the Executive Director on specific projects and committees via office time, meetings, email, mobile devices and or phone. The Executive Assistant reports directly and only to the Executive Director.
The primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant are to ensure the consistent achievement of the Chamber’s mission, to guarantee financial objectives are met and to provide support to the Executive Director.
Mission and Vision
• Maintain a deep understanding of and unwavering commitment to the mission.
• Assist in the evaluation of all activities to ensure mission alignment.
• Communicate the mission and vision consistently and on an ongoing basis.
• Identify potential partners.
• Assist Executive Director and Board members in identifying potential partners.
• Create and develop ongoing relationships with potential and existing donors.
• Assist in the expansion of revenue generating activities to support operations.
• Assist the Core Events Committee to develop strategies to be more profitable.
• Assist the Membership Committee to develop profitable strategies.
Profile and Communications
• Work with the Communications Committee to deepen and refine all aspects of communications.
• Assist in creating a stronger brand, understanding, and knowledge of the Chamber in the larger LGBT and greater Washington Area communities.
• Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
• Assist in publicizing the activities of the organization, its programs and goals and the successes of its members.
• Assist in establishing sound working relationships with the media and with other LGBT community groups and organizations.
Leadership & Management
• Actively engage and energize Chamber volunteers, Board Members, committees, partnering organizations, and funding partners.
• Serve as ex-officio member of all committees.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain Chamber volunteers and staff
• Measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Board, partners and other constituents.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to: Mark Guenther at MGuenther@caglcc.org